Video: After You’ve Gone
I thought it would be nice to play you a chord melody arrangement of After You’ve Gone, a beautiful jazz standard that works really well for solo guitar.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Pro tip: If you’re looking for jazz standards to build your set-list, with all the resources and backing tracks in one place, it might be worth giving my FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy a try.
It’s got a huge collection of lessons on the site and features many courses focussed around learning classic jazz standards (melody, comping, soloing, chord melody and more).
The best part:
You can get a no obligation, 14-day FREE access pass to the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy to see if it is a good fit for you, no credit card required. To get instant access, go here: https://www.fretdojo.com/free-trial/
That was a truly incredible arrangement and performance! It’s nice to see you play after hearing your podcast for a few months. I just signed up for the 30Day Chord Melody challenge. This was quite inspiring.
Thanks so much for your kind feedback Ben – and great to hear you’ve signed up for the Chord Melody Challenge!
Very nice however you’re only playing the chorus & the preceding part is lovely & hardly anyone plays it
An excellent performance Greg
Fabulous arrangement and such smooth playing. So great that you take the time and make the effort to teach us too.
Hey Greg that is a wonderful performance and arrangement!
Really beautiful arrangement and performance. One of my favourite songs too.
Boa tarde, ótimo arranjo,
Very, very nice.
Awesome Greg it is my desire to play a solo like that one day cheers Doug
Beautiful arrangement – masterfully played!!
Just listened and found it brilliant to just look and hear how easy it looks. Thanks for sharing and being an example .
Well done. That’s always been my favorite song to play along with.
Wow, wish I could play like that. Tasty to the last drop.