Video: Beautiful Love
I thought it would be cool today to show you something I’ve been working on lately:
Here’s a rendition of Beautiful Love, one of my favorite tunes to play.
I’ve tried to go out of my comfort zone on this video and incorporated more modern intervallic approaches to soloing, using parallel 5ths and 2nds moving horizontally across the fretboard.
The best part?
I’ve put together a new lesson series for you which shows you how to do everything I demonstrate on the video and more – the chord melody, soloing approaches, comping, how to understand the harmonic progression, and everything else you need to jam with this tune.
To get instant access, all you need to do is to join up now to the FretDojo Academy Club online jazz guitar learning group.
Become one of the inner circle via this link:
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education