Why Do YOU Play Jazz Guitar?
You love the infinite creative possibilities.
You’re inspired by greats like Joe Pass or Wes Montgomery.
That unique, special feeling you get when you’ve finally mastered something incredibly challenging.
Or simply the fact that jazz guitar sounds cool and you love the music.
Why do YOU play jazz guitar? Whether it’s for winding down at the end of the day, keeping your mind active, jamming with other musicians or otherwise…
What motivates you to keep plugging away at this wonderful instrument, one lick at a time?
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
I thought it would be fun to start a discussion on my website about this.
Leave a comment below about what your key motivations are for learning jazz guitar.
I’m really interested in seeing what you have to say about this – let’s get the conversation started…