Video – Jazz guitar guide tone soloing shortcut (Free workbook)
Get your Handy PDF Worksheet & Backing Track Download:
Click this link to get a print friendly worksheet and backing track for your practice.
It’s been a while, but it’s great to be back in front of the video camera.
If you’re finding it impossible and frustrating to solo over those tricky jazz standards like All The Things You Are (hint: you haven’t been the first person to drop those key changes)…
It’s probably because you aren’t doing what my new Youtube video demonstrates.
In this brand new video lesson (which includes a FREE workbook and backing track), you’re going to get the down & dirty on guide tones, and how they are an essential shortcut for easily mastering the changes of any jazz standard.
You’ll learn which notes to target over those tricky chord progressions and still get through alive and kicking to the other side.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Check out the video now and let me know what you think (remember to get that free workbook).
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Educatio