Learning Jazz Guitar Scale Patterns – Tips for Success
In this video you’ll find out the answers to the following:
How do you ensure that you actually remember those jazz scale patterns you’re spending so much time learning in the practice room?
How do you stop tearing your hair out with boredom and start practicing scale patterns in a more musical way?
- How do you practice scales efficiently to get
bestresults in the shortest possible time?
Check out the above video for the secrets revealed!
Want to learn more scale exercises? Get your FREE eBook Download: Click this link to download your free copy of my eBook, Essential Scale Patterns for Guitar.
Pro tip: If you’re looking for jazz standards to build your set-list, with all the resources and backing tracks in one place, it might be worth giving my FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy a try.
It’s got a huge collection of lessons on the site and features many courses focussed around learning classic jazz standards (melody, comping, soloing, chord melody and more).
The best part:
You can get a no obligation, 14-day FREE access pass to the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy to see if it is a good fit for you, no credit card required. To get instant access, go here: https://www.fretdojo.com/free-trial/
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
I hope you enjoyed today’s post on strategies for learning jazz guitar scale patterns.
Now over to you:
what tips can YOU share with your fellow readers?
Leave a comment below with your ideas and thoughts on this topic…
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education