Melodic Development Workshop with Stuart King
Get the PDF and Backing Track for this lesson HERE: https://www.fretdojo.com/pdf
In this FretDojo episode our special guest Stuart King is back to talk about one of the most important practice techniques for any jazz guitar improviser – melodic development techniques.
This will enable you to sound much more musical when you improvise on guitar and is a technique you should practice daily.
Stuart King is a FretDojo Approved Guitar Instructor – if you’re interested in getting direct one on one coaching with Stuart via Skype/Zoom please contact us at email@example.com to book a lesson.
► Become a FretDojo Patreon here: https: https://www.patreon.com/fretdojo
► Start Your FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy Membership here: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Before you go…
Join my 30 Day Jazz Guitar Challenge
• A step-by-step guide on building core improvisation skills
• Fundamental comping techniques to be a hero on the bandstand
• Discover the biggest mistakes made by aspiring jazz guitarists…and how YOU can avoid them
• The ultimate fast path for establishing a foundation in jazz guitar
• Instant access – find out more and sign up by clicking the button below:
What did you think of this jazz guitar quick tip? Leave your comments below…
Founder, Fret Dojo
Innovation in Online Jazz Guitar Education