Why you shouldn’t buy a robot vacuum cleaner
I’m contemplating what to buy my family for Christmas.
It’s difficult, isn’t it!
This is the problem that I’m finding…
People who have walked this earth for some time (e.g. my lovely parents) already own everything.
What to do? Buy them a book? Nah, did that last year.
Robotic self-propelled vacuum cleaner? Maybe not…those things give me the creeps.
What to do, what to do…
I think there’s a gift that’s much more meaningful. People have so many things anyway, they don’t need more stuff cluttering up their lives.
What about a gift that inspires them, surprises them, connects with their heart, and brings some joy?
What’s this special gift I’m talking about?
I think musicians take it for granted how much it means to people to have something wonderful played to them. I always get a quiet thrill to see people’s faces light up even when playing something simple, yet resonating with something deep inside them.
To be honest with you:
Even though I’ve played on a stage to thousands of people, the performances that have meant the most to me have been the ones when I’m playing to a few family members and friends at home next to the fireplace.
So if you haven’t already, why not give it a try this year?
Now now, don’t be shy this Christmas – maybe it’s about time to share your music making with your family and friends.
Trust me, they’re gonna love it.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
May you be well and safe this Christmas season,
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education