The “little-known” problem with jazz guitar books
Do you ever feel guilty?
“…About what?”, you might ask.
You know, all those jazz guitar books that you eagerly purchased in the past, that are now sitting sadly on your bookshelf, gathering dust.
Or (in the digital sense), you likely have an entire hard drive stuffed full of helpful PDFs and eBooks, that you’ve never used.
It’s kind of like exercise equipment you buy after watching some infomercial. You use it once or twice…and then leave in a dark corner of your laundry somewhere to rust.
Just to clarify:
I’m not saying that books aren’t useful.
Far from it – looking through method books has given me great ideas for my own jazz guitar practice over the years.
But here’s the problem:
Books are missing some critical components when it comes to learning jazz guitar.
Let me explain:
To improve on a skill, you need what I call the “Three Pillars of Learning”.
– a qualified teacher,
– great instructional materials, and
– a community to motivate you, to help you stay accountable to your goals, and to be inspired by.
So if you only have a book, it’s only ONE of these “pillars”.
But now – the good news:
In just a couple of days, I’m opening my online jazz guitar learning community, the FretDojo Academy Club, to the general public.
What do you get in this Club? Simple – “The Three Pillars Of Learning” I just mentioned:
– myself as your teacher, as well as other qualified FretDojo instructors, to help give you feedback on your playing along with tips on how to improve,
– world-class instructional materials on all aspects of playing a new classic jazz standard each month (improvisation, comping, chord melody, and more), giving you the rapid path for improving your jazz guitar skills to make learning fun and easy,
– and most of all, a passionate online community of jazz guitarists from all around the world, to connect with and to support you on your journey.
So now, let me ask you:
– Are you tired of going around in circles with your learning, and instead want the secrets for making rapid, dramatic progress with jazz guitar?
– Are you too scared to play your jazz guitar to anyone because your skills aren’t up to scratch, and dream instead about wowing the crowd at your local jam session with a rock-solid set list?
– Are you sick of being frustrated with not being able to improvise, comp, or play chord melody, and want a varied set of classic jazz standards that you’ll confidently be able to play in any performance situation?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then the new FretDojo Academy Club is a perfect fit for you.
Get VIP notification of when the Club is going to open its doors in just a couple of days:
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education