The Internet – a Double Edged Sword
There’s loads (loads!) of information on jazz guitar on the internet. You could download something new every day for the rest of your life, and there would still be enough to sift through 10 times over.
Information alone is not enough to help you progress.
Information which fails to ‘join the dots’ and help you see the full picture of learning to play jazz guitar and improvise like a pro – is more hindrance than help.
Information without a chance to discuss with other like-minded people, or to be able to ask questions to make sure you’re on the right track, is a slow, confusing route to mastery – if in fact it ever leads you there at all.
Random free lessons may not cost much in dollars, but it costs you way more in the precious resource that you can never replenish – your time.
It’s time to stop wandering the abyss of disconnected, conflicting advice on jazz guitar.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education