Here’s one for all you lonely hearts out there
Given it’s Valentine’s Day, I thought you (or your spouse) might be in a bit of a romantic mood.
So, start a cozy fire, bring out a fine wine, and check out this video:
It’s Joe Pass playing a heartfelt rendition of Beautiful Love (very fitting for today’s occasion). Joe’s dialogue at the start of this video might put a smile on your face too.
The best part:
I just put the finishing touches on a brand new lesson series which will teach you the ins and out of soloing over this tune – which is one of my all-time favorite standards.
The new lesson series will teach you about intervallic soloing approaches, and how to negotiate horizontal movement across the fretboard as you solo – so you can break out of the box patterns (like those used in the CAGED system) and master the fretboard in a new way.
How to access the new lessons?
Easy – join up to my Fretdojo Academy Jazz Guitar Club, and get instant access to the set. Here’s where to go:
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Let me know if you have any questions about the new lessons and I’ll be happy to answer any queries.
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education