FretDojo student shows how it’s done
I just wrapped up the latest challenge in the FretDojo Academy, and I thought I could share with you one of the member’s efforts.
Here’s Steffen Böhm with a tasty rendition of Beautiful Love that he submitted for the challenge:
What I really liked about this performance was how Steffen was experimenting and taking risks with some of the concepts we covered this month, such as the horizontal intervallic approaches, and using 2nds intervals in his chord melody. Very cool stuff.
Well done Steffen! If you’re keen on getting a monthly dose of new soloing approaches into your jazz guitar while expanding your repertoire fast like you can see Steffen doing, then the Club might be just the ticket.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer