Bob gets a back-stage ticket and all his questions answered
I was in an online recording session with Stuart King the other day for our new course, “Fast Lane: The Total Technique Roadmap for Jazz Guitar”, when FretDojo subscriber Bob Bachman jumped in on the call…
Bob had scheduled a short session with me to ask me some questions about the new course.
He has kindly agreed to share our short conversation for all to see on YouTube.
Check it out here:
I told him that if he was thinking like that, he was looking at the course in the wrong way.
Here’s the thing:
Working on your guitar technique is something that actually saves you time.
It means you don’t have to practice difficult lines as much to get them under your fingers.
It makes your speed, coordination, and effortlessness on the guitar go up a notch, which logically makes everything easier and faster to learn.
Here’s another big misconception:
You don’t need to spend that much time per day working on technique either to see great results. As Stuart explained to Bob in the video, you often get the best improvements by spending 5-10 minutes here and there through the day on technical work, alongside whatever else you’re working on.
But – only as long as you are focusing on:
1) the most important exercises,
2) in the right order,
3) with the right approach.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education