Check this out:
This is something I’ve been working on lately in the FretDojo Academy Club, my monthly online jazz standard learning group.
I’ve been looking in detail at the soloing approaches of Grant Green, the “hidden master” of guitar single line bebop soloing.
We’ve had a ball studying Green’s approaches, and the above video is an example of what my students are learning to do when it comes to single line improvisation over the blues form.
Interested in joining them? Get instant access to the “blues soloing blueprint” lesson series here, along with over 50 other lessons on a variety of classic jazz standards to build your repertoire right away:
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Anyway, let me know what you think of the solo, would love to hear from you!
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education