Australian virtuoso jazz trumpeter multiplies his own body
Here’s a bit of fun for you:
Did you notice anything a bit odd about this video?
If not, watch it again then come back, you’ll have a laugh I’m sure.
Through the magic of trick photography, the same musician is playing every instrument (except for the drummer) in this 17 piece band.
This is James Morrison – one of the leading figures in Australian jazz.
But stop and think about this for a minute:
Most of us struggle to master just one instrument in our lifespan.
But here’s a guy that can play trumpet, piano, all the brass section, saxophones, and double bass.…with flawless technique at that.
How is this possible? Surely there’s no man on earth that has this many hours a day to perfect their technique on all those instruments.
But it gets even weirder.
James Morrison claims to never practice. I’m not kidding.
I’ll prove it to you – here’s an excerpt from an interview with Morrison:
“Q: What is your daily practice routine?
The moral of the story:
It’s obvious that James Morrison knows something profound (that he hinted at in the above interview) that most other musicians overlook when it comes to training their technique…
Namely, how to harness the power of your subconscious mind – to get astonishing results.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education