Video: All The Things You Are Easy Chord Melody
Here’s a little video I recorded recently of a chord melody version of All The Things You Are. Check it out (it only goes for a minute or two):
Now that you’ve watched it, let me ask you a question.
Does this arrangement look complicated?
Hehe…I knew you were going to say that.
But – What if I was to tell you that…
This was actually quite easy to play?
Well – it is easy to play. (I’m not just saying that).
In fact, even newbie jazz guitar students I’ve taught have been able to quickly put together a version of All The Things You Are like this without much hassle.
Well, my apprentice, through using some special chord voicings that you only need two fingers to play. This frees up your hand from those big chunky chord voicings that ‘strap’ your hand down with no room to move.
In fact, some of these voicings have only two notes (the 3rd and 7th), yet fill out the harmony nicely.
Chord melody can be very simple. In fact, the simplest approaches are often the BEST approaches.
Now, listen up:
What if I was to tell you that you can learn this exact arrangement of All The Things You Are on the above video, with handy diagrams, charts and a complete end to end video walkthrough showing you every secret I used?
In the first public month of my (until recently top-secret) FretDojo Academy Club, you get exactly this – instructions on how to build this arrangement of All The Things You Are, step-by-step.
That’s along with the other lessons on this tune such as playing the melody, comping, analysis, single line soloing approaches – you basically get the whole kaboodle.
Now the exciting bit:
If you're keen to have a structured, step-by-step approach to learning jazz guitar, it might be worth checking out my online learning system, the FretDojo Jazz Guitar Academy.
Here's what you get when you join up:
- Detailed step-by-step video lessons on new classic jazz tunes and essential jazz guitar skills added to the club website each month. Includes listening recommendations, demonstrations of the melody, analysis of the harmony, and detailed explanations on how to solo over the tune.
- Key improvisation concepts and techniques for soloing, and classic licks and example solos that relate to each tune, so you can continue to expand your jazz vocabulary and have more options when it comes to soloing.
- Detailed comping ideas to suit the style of each jazz standard covered
- Lessons on how to make chord melody and solo jazz guitar versions of tunes featured - play a complete jazz standard completely on your own like Joe Pass!
- Members only forum - A worldwide community of jazz guitarists from all around the globe.
- Regular workshops, masterclasses, and Q & A Sessions - get direct answers from me on anything holding you back in the practice room. Replays of all sessions are available to access for all members even if you can’t make it live.
- Massive searchable database of jazz licks and soloing concepts - the ultimate idea "grab bag" for your solos.
- Optional monthly challenges where members participate to get feedback on their playing, reach new milestones and be eligible for cool prizes.
The best part:
You can access this all of this and more for just $1 by signing up to a 14 day trial. Go here for more info: https://www.fretdojo.com/signup-offer
Founder, Fret Dojo
World Leader in Online Jazz Guitar Education